Monday, March 15, 2010

Don't bother Jesus

The timidity with which I approach Jesus really must be frustrating for Him. I tentatively reach for the grace that I've already been promised, an apologetic look on my face. I imagine my daughter asking for something she needs in this way. Please, can I have just a little milk? I know that I don't deserve it. I'm sorry. I'm just thirsty. I could cry just thinking about it. It would break my heart. I would swoop her up into my arms, grab a straw and the whole dang gallon of milk out of the fridge, and I wouldn't let her go until she knew that I will stop at nothing to provide for her, to love her. As it is, when she asks me for something, she asks confidently, and it is always my joy to give her what she has requested. Even if it's chocolate at 6 a.m. So this flawed, human being, as selfish as I am - I still provide for my daughter and long to give her what she desires and more. We really need to be more acquainted with our role as Beloved. Really.

More than conquerors
Coheirs with Christ
Will rise on wings as eagles
You stoop to make me great
Strengthened with all power according to His glorious might
Greater is He that is in me
Clothed with strength and dignity
Hands trained for war; fingers for battle
Will never be put to shame
Safe
Secure
Protected
Renewed
Upheld
Precious
Honored
Loved


All of my life, in every season, You are still God
I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship

1 comment:

MMA Lady said...

There are tears in my eyes. Yes to this. Yes, yes, yes.