Wednesday, July 30, 2008

That's it - I'm calling Molly Maids...

These are a few of my favorite things:

1. Clean kitchens.
2. Folded laundry.
3. Cool carpet when it's 99 degrees outside.
4. Uncluttered living spaces.

SO, all of that having been said, I think I will be hiring a maid. I just had to force myself to clear off my bed and put Baby O's toys away. And there's still more to be done, but I have the weekend free, so I am cutting myself some slack. It seems like lately I have been pushing myself almost nonstop to maximize every moment of my free time - cleaning something, shopping for something, packing something, planning something, ironing something, cooking something. I didn't realize how time-consuming it would be to try and date someone. And I think I've learned a few things about how I might want to approach it the next time around - not that I have any regrets at all, I definitely do not. Just the same, I can see how I put some unnecessary pressure on myself and how, as a result of spreading myself so thin, no one really got the best I had to offer. In the last couple of weeks, I have been trying to spend as much time with Baby O as possible, and I can't help but think that she is responding to it. In fact, she woke up the other night, just as I was getting ready for bed, and she refused to go back to sleep until I picked her up and put her in my bed with me. :) Such total sweetness.

Baby O has started to self-feed, and let me tell you: it is awesome. She is doing such a great job, and as silly as it seems, I am so proud of her. It makes bathtime especially fun for us because I just love getting her all clean and smelling good again. She loves being in the water, hates having her face and hair washed, but loves the after part when she gets to curl up all snug as a bug with her bottle and her mommy. :) I kinda like that part, too...I'm a lucky girl.

No comments: